It’s that time of year where I enjoy waking up early in the morning to bake a yummy loaf, maybe some muffins, cookies, you get it. There’s just something about the cold weather, warm coffee and baked goods. Am I right?
This is my take on “banana bread” friends. It’s spiced up with some pumpkin spice and of course, pumpkin puree. Hope you enjoy this recipe, maybe roast up some coffee or sip up some hot tea. Get ready to get cozy!
Spiced Banana Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size – 10 servings
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 40 minutes
- 3 cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar in the raw
- 2 tsps of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1.5 tsps pumpkin spice
- 2 tsps of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- *Optional: garnish with some raw almond slices
- Pre-heat the oven at 375 degrees.
- Add all your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix them all up with a whisk.
- In another bowl, add your bananas and mash them up. Add all remaining ingredients (pumpkin, coconut milk and canola oil) and mix all that up together with a whisk.
- Transfer the banana/pumpkin mix to the dry ingredients bowl. Whisk the batter together.
- Transfer the batter to a non-stick loaf baking pan. (I like to spray my loaf pan with coconut oil spray just to get an easier release of the loaf when it’s done).
- If you want to add the optional almond slices on top, sprinkle a handful on top of the mix in the loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 min.
- To check, poke a knife through the center. If nothing sticks to the knife, it’s ready! If you get some batter on the knife, put loaf bake in oven and bake for a few more min till knife comes out clean!