If I had to chocolate treat out of all the options in the world, I’d probably choose this brittle. Pomegranates are an acquired taste I think. They can be a little too bitter for some people’s taste buds and honestly I feel like they kinda taste like wine. Anyone else think that? Maybe it’s just me!
Anyhow, I find that pomegranate tastes incredibly well when paired with dark chocolate. It’s a match made in heaven if you ask me. Then, go ahead and throw some pecans in the mix and voila, you’ve got yourself this delectable brittle.
This recipe is crazy easy and it takes such little time to make you wouldn’t believe it. Give it a try and I’d love to hear what you think!
Pomegranate, Pecan & Dark Chocolate Brittle
Serving Size – 15 pieces
Prep Time -15 minutes
Freeze Time – 30 minutes
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- In a large baking pan, layer some parchment paper on top. Place your pecans in clusters of 4. Make as many clusters as you’d like/that fit in the pan with some space between each cluster.
- Add some pomegranate seeds to the center of each cluster.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, warm up 1 cup of chocolate chips + 1 tbs of coconut oil for about 1 minute. Remove and mix so all the chips melt away.
- Drizzle some chocolate over each cluster. Try and cover the pomegranate seeds and all the pecans.
- Sprinkle some more pomegranate seeds on top.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and when ready, break brittle into pieces.