You’ve probably heard (or read hehe) me say this somewhere already…I LOVE hosting dinners, lunches, brunch, all the meals. Normally, when you think of a BBQ you probably don’t think of many vegan options. But let me tell you, there are soooo many! My favorite vegan protein to bbq is tempeh. I love the nutty flavor it has and it’s kind of addicting when cooked in bbq sauce.
This is a super easy, quick dish. You do have to steam your tempeh first which takes about 20 min but once that’s done you’ll cook the tempeh in no time. Let’s cook!
Serving Size – 4 -6 servings
Cook Time – 35 minutes
- 8 oz tempeh
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- Chop up your tempeh into cubes.
- Steam tempeh for 20 min. You’ll get a golden color and tempeh will look fluffed and nutty.
- In a saute pan on med heat, add the olive oil and steamed tempeh. Saute for 2-3 min.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes. Cover and let the tempeh achieve a golden brown color.
- Add in the BBQ Sauce and saute for 2-3 minutes. You’ll want to BBQ sauce to become a glaze on the tempeh.
- Buen Provecho!