Have you ever eaten a Ferrero Rocher chocolate? If you haven’t, don’t worry this truffle tastes just like it, but better hehe I mean, this truffle has the perfect mix of full flavored hazelnuts, chocolate and sweetness. The best part is, this truffle is totally raw!
There isn’t anything you need to bake or cook. So if you’re not a fan of baking, but you’ve been looking for some easy sweets to make, this is for you my friend.
Serving Size – 10 truffles
Prep Time -15 minutes
Freeze Time – 30 minutes
- 9 pitted dates
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 2 tsps cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak your dates in some warm water for about 5-10 min. Remove the pits if they come with them. Don’t pour away the water, you’ll use a bit of it for recipe!
- In a food processor, add your mix ingredients: dates, 1/4 cup of hazelnuts, cacao/cocoa powder, almond butter, vanilla extract & add 4 tsps of the water you soaked the dates in.
- Blend the mix. Will come out sticky and a little “crunchy.
- Form small truffle balls and place them on a pan with parchment paper.
- Crush about 1/2 cup of hazelnuts. Sprinkle the crushed hazelnuts all over the raw truffles. Get them all covered around.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, warm up 1 cup of chocolate chips + 1 tbs of coconut oil for about 1 minute. Remove and mix so all the chips melt away.
- Coat each truffle now with chocolate and place them back in the pan with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle some more crushed hazelnuts all around the truffles.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy!